I like modifying recipes to work within weight watchers rules, and still taste great. I replaced what would normally be raisins or prunes with a fresh plum. And, purely by accident, I didn’t use the balsamic vinegar you see here, because the bottle was virtually empty! I used apple vinegar instead, which has significantly fewer points than balsamic vinegar. And, Swerve fills in for brown sugar…quite well, I think.
- 1 in mango peeled, seeded, and cut in small chunks
- 1 in large plum seeded and cut in small chunks
- 1 pomegranate seeds removed
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 3/4 ounce ginger root peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup apple vinegar
- 1/3 cup Swerve sweetener
- Combine all ingredients in a pot, and mix together.
- Raise temperature to medium heat, and cook while stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about half an hour.