I was shocked by how many Weight Watchers points regular gummy bears are: 1 point for 3 of those little sugar bombs?? NNOOO!!!!
But, here’s a way around that. I adapted the following from https://elanaspantry.com/gummy-bears/
NOTE: the images here are from when I used other diet juices.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Passive Time||1 hour|
- 1 cup Ocean Spray diet Cran-Grape
- 3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 teaspoon Stevia
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat the juice to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Stir in Stevia and lemon juice.
- Gradually whisk in gelatin until fully incorporated.
- Lightly spray candy molds with cooking spray.
- Allow mixture to cool a bit, then carefully spoon into candy molds. Mine are robots, because all the bear molds were gone from Michael’s.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour so they completely set.
- Push gummies out of each compartment. Trim lose edges if desired with kitchen shears. Dab the tops of gummies with a paper towel to remove excess cooking spray as needed.
- Eat all of them without any guilt. Repeat steps 1-7.
Candy molds are usually floppy, and it’s hard to move full ones without the liquid sloshing around. I put a small cutting board under the mold before pouring the liquid. This made it easy to transport.
It’s actually 0 Weight Watchers points for 1-7 gummies, and only 1 point for 8-22. So, I guess my gummy bear diet is off the table, but it’s still absurdly light for a tasty snack.