My ultra light pesto is the key here; see the recipe linked in the Ingredients list. If you want to make this with a reduced fat pesto, it’s a 2 point (Weight Watchers) recipe. Regular pesto makes it a 3 pointer.
- 12 baby eggplant
- 1/2 cup light pesto https://absolute0cooking.com/recipe/pesto/
- 2/3 cup freshly grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 1/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375° F / 190° C.
- Wash eggplant. Leaving the stems on, cut each eggplant at 1/4" intervals so the eggplant stays connected by the stem. Sprinkle inside the gaps with salt.
- Spread pesto evenly in the gaps of each eggplant. Spray a high-walled baking pan or casserole pan with cooking spray. Place eggplants in the pan.
- Cover baking pan with foil. Bake for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Blend breadcrumbs, cheese, and thyme and set aside. Turn on the broiler. Remove the foil from the baking pan. Rotate the eggplants so the gaps are facing upward.
- Sprinkle each eggplant with the breadcrumb mixture. Broil until the breadcrumbs are browned.