Baba Ganoush is one of those rare recipes that’s incredibly healthy without having to make any adjustments.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
|Passive Time||15 minutes|
- 2 eggplant
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 cloves garlic grated
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- Cut eggplant in half lengthwise. Gently brush the skin with a thin coating of oil. Place on a grill - skin-side down - with flames on medium. Cook until the skin gets charred, about 10 minutes. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Wrap eggplant halves in foil and heat in the oven at 350 F until the flesh is completely softened, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, use remaining oil in a small pan on medium heat. Add grated garlic, and stir constantly (to avoid burning) until browned, about 1 minute.
- Scoop flesh out of eggplant, avoiding the skin as much as possible. Pick out any bits of skin that get through.
- Mix eggplant flesh with other ingredients. Adjust salt content as needed. Place in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to allow ingredients to fully incorporate.